Index-List of Contents (Labels)

my daughter surprised me in Maths with basic mistakes

  Couple of days back my younger daughter surprised me by doing a fundamental mistake in calculating 


6+(6-8) -(8+8)-20-: -5,

But how I  handled?

Initially I got anger then scared (since she is in 10th Class) and finally confused as how to handle and decided to keep ignore/silent for few days.

My daughter started crying with guilty feeling. I hug her and said,  my dear I understand the pressure due to different activities what you perform i.e., Bharatanatyam, White-Hat, and different activities of the school, I explained her how to be cool, and further explained  as below :-

If you don’t know the concept learn it, I certainly know that you know it. But to the best of my knowledge you are facing the problem in applying the concept, where in you are doing some silly mistakes.

  • A doctor theoretically knows how to do Surgery, but he can only perform well if he has required practice.
  • A carrom/billiards board player knows at what angle he can hit the strike, but only with correct application he can do well.

 Therefore, Practice only teaches how to apply the concept

I have searched internet for finding similar problems (bodmas problems) I got one internet site

http://www.learnersplanet.com/Content/html5/13384/index.php

Today (01/June/2021)  generated 100 problems, printed, clearly said as " for every single mistake you have to solve 100 problems more", took 5 hours and  she solved all problems.

After a long time, I need to all the 100 problems to verify the answer.